Tuesday, September 29, 2009

DAYA Enews -September 2009 Article

Reasons to Attend the Young Adult Summit
by Bishop Keith Whitmore


Now why would I want to give up a beautiful Fall weekend to go to the Diocesan Young Adult Summit? The answers are endless.

* I love being at Camp Mikell, it brings back such good memories.
* I like sleeping in a cabin with hundreds of other people.
* I love eating out-so Camp is like that-good food no dishes to wash.
* The DAYA members are so cool!
* What the heck is DAYA? Maybe I should find out.
* Could be I might to discover more about me, that spiritual side of me that never quite gets satisfied.
* Maybe I would like to be with people my own age who believe many of the things I do.
* Maybe I would like to be with people my own age who have differing opinions from mine so I can explore.
* I just like meeting new people so this should be a blast.
* I'm a little shy with new people, but this group will give me the space I need.
* Just cause God loves me.

See there are an endless number of reasons not to miss this. Your reasons are the right reasons. Hope to see you there.

No comments: